Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm Back!

For probably the first time ever, I can finally think of an appropriate tile for my post.  After nearly a month hiatus, I am finally back online.  I am absolutely positive that both of my loyal readers will rejoice when they see I am back to my wily blogging ways. 

To recap what has happened for my pretend anonymous audience, our apartment was burglarized, and we lost our sole laptop (along with a few other items...)  Yesterday our new computer arrived, and this is how excited I am:

Yes, that is my super pumped face.  

Super pumped not just about the ability to once again waste hours of time online, but because our new computer is so sweet.  We got an all-in-one Mac initially because you get so much more bang for your buck in a desktop than laptop.  But HOLY COW I was not expecting to be so excited about the computer itself when it came in - Paul-John, being Paul-John, could not stop talking about the aluminum it was made of, whilst I don't really find that interesting.  And maybe it seems so awesome because we replaced the laptop (because we had no computer) before we replaced the television (because we have a very old tiny one) and the screen on this computer is considerably larger than our current TV.  

In crafting news, I am slowly plugging away on the one year anniversary afghan.  It won't be finished by June 7th, but I am making progress:

Lastly, house news:  we were supposed to close tomorrow, but that no longer looks likely, so hopefully we will close next week.  But we have picked out wallpaper for the dining room and a general color scheme for kitchen and living room.  Our game plan is to first paint and wallpaper those three rooms, refinish the floors and then move in.  I am even more excited about being a homeowner than having a sweet new computer, so you can imagine what my pumped house face looks like!

No comments: