Sunday, July 5, 2009

My triumphant return

I once again return from another absence from my wily blogging ways.  This occasion was much happier - busy due to painting, cleaning, packing, and having our first official party at the homestead.  In addition to being busy with house-stuffs, I don't really enjoy posts without photos, and the thing we used to load photos onto our computer got stolen along with all that other stuff that got stolen.  We just brought the computer over the house last night, and here is a photo of our dining room wallpaper (and me!):



OK, you can't see the pattern as much as I hoped, but it is great.  

Anyways, back to the first official party.  Although it was not the first time we had guests, it was our first real event and it was amazing.  As we suspected, our house is perfect for entertaining.  The menu was pretty simple - a couple grill choices, fruit salad, and beer from us; chips and brownies from some guests.  We just sat around the back patio until the fireworks started and then we sat at the edge of our driveway where we had a terrific view.  Here is a crappy photo from my cell phone:  




Not bad, eh?  I have already declared ownership of this holiday for the rest of the years we live in this house.

No comments: