Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My backyard

When Paul-John and I were looking at houses, I had one major requirement: character. We love everything about our house - the fireplace, built-ins, the porch, huge closets, and our unique backyard. That backyard became a little more unique on Saturday when I found something half-buried in the ground where Paul-John and recently trimmed down a bunch of overgrown brush.


How sweet is this guy? Perhaps you want a closer look.


Yesterday I also finally decided to pick some of the mint that has taken over the little garden area on the side of our house before it all goes bad. So far I used a handful when making some black iced tea and it smells delicious (but so does our entire kitchen). I haven't decided what to do with the rest of it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool bust you found in your yard! It's totally you! (mom)