I have officially completed task #99 on my list! Many of the tasks on my list are long term projects but I really wanted to complete at least one the first week. Somehow Friday afternoon I convinced Paul-John that we should leave our house at 2am that night and drive to Vermont. We took naps in the evening, woke up at 1, and were on the road by 2. I drove up and Paul-John napped for the entire ride. I have never driven through the night like that before so it felt very adventurous. I thought that I would be nervous about falling asleep, but it was the multiple "moose crossing" signs that really freaked me out.
My initial plan was to drive up Smuggler's Notch and watch the sunrise from there. We got there and discovered that the road going up the mountain was closed, so we found a polo field in Stowe. We parked right around 6:15, an hour before sunrise and the sky had just turned from black to deep blue.
We stayed in the field for just over an hour and then got breakfast - I had an omelette with a side of the best bacon I have ever had. We both love little northern New England towns. Vermont and New Hampshire are both places I could see ourselves living in the (distant) future. We stopped by the Ben & Jerry's factory on the way home, and were back in New Britain by early afternoon.
1 comment:
How awesome and spontaneous. I have seen sunrises, but not by choice, usually while driving home from somewhere far... and when that sky starts to blue I start to go cuckoo... So I think it's really great that you went out of your way to catch a glimpse.
Post a Comment