Sunday, February 1, 2009

Freaking Out

I am currently incredibly anxious.  First thing tomorrow morning, Paul-John and I are making an offer on a house.  This is HUGE.  Crazy.  Unbelievable.  Overwhelming, et cetera.  My anxieties about this are:

1.  Our offer isn't accepted or someone outbids us.  
2.  Our offer is accepted, but when we do the house inspection we find a really big problem.
3.  We buy the house and regret it - even if nothing huge comes up in the inspection, we know that this house needs more work than we were initially looking for, but just everything else about this house is right.  But I am nervous that we will be overwhelmed.  

That being said, this is also very exciting.  Not only is this pretty much my dream house, it's an affordable house right in the middle of a great and expensive neighborhood.  Seems way too good to be true.  

This is also happening faster than I expected.  We have been looking online for about six months and nothing has really struck us.  I saw this house on Thursday night, the same day it was listed.  I loved everything about it instantly.  Within ten minutes, we set up a viewing for Saturday.  And tomorrow, our offer gets submitted.

We might not know for up to a week if our offer gets accepted or not, but I am hoping we find out ASAP.  

No comments: