Saturday, November 28, 2009

#18

I am officially no longer unemployed! It is a really great feeling to finally be working again. For two weeks, I have been working as a part-time secretary at the Chabad House in West Hartford. It's a small office, with three rabbis, one full-time secretary, and a guy who does payables. The first week was really awkward, but on Monday one of the rabbis told me I was fitting in really well which gave me a much needed confidence boost.

All in all, the job seems to be exactly what I need right now. It is easy, but I am also learning a lot about Orthodox Jewish culture. It also gives me enough free time that I will either be able to go back to school next semester (yikes!) or be able to really start volunteering somewhere. This job isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life, but it is going to give me the time I need in order to take the next step.

No comments: