Monday, November 30, 2009

Startitis has struck again

So I haven't posted about anything crafty for a while. I think I need to start updating my WIPs more often solely for accountability's sake. I try really hard not to have too many things going on at once because then nothing gets finished, but somehow I have like 12 projects going on right now. Here's the rundown:

Hexagon Blanket. I've been mainly trying to focus on this. I like working on it in spurts and then making smaller projects inbetween, which had been working. Now it seems like every time I pull it out one of the cats thinks its cuddle time, and I can't say no to them. Ever. So progress is slow. I only have 6 blue/purple hexagons left for this round, and then I start the purple/purple ones and start making it rectangular.

A Hat for Paul-John. I started this right after Stitches. After spending all of last winter trying to make one for him and running into lots of problems (fit, color choice, writing my own color chart) I decided this year it was going to be easy. That meant size 10.5 needles and ribbing so it would have to fit. It's one of those hats with ribbing all the way up and you fold the brim up. Paul-John said he wanted a tiny brim, so I made a tiny brim. After he tried it on he decided he wanted a bigger brim, so I had to frog and now it only needs, seriously, an hour or two to finish.

Curtains. Before I started working I decided to start on the curtains for the kitchen because I've had the fabric since June. Things were humming along quite nicely but then I decided to put it aside to work on my next project...

Sewing Skirts. My job requires that I wear either a skirt or dress everyday that comes below my knee. I decided that since I was so into learning how to sew, and shopping wasn't really working for me, I would make a bunch of skirts. I got a fantastic book about designing patterns and have one skirt that is almost finished, but I need to buy a zipper foot for my machine to be able to sew the zipper in.

Mittens. Technically I haven't started these yet, but now that Thanksgiving has passed all I can think about is how much I want some super cute stranded mittens this year and have been pouring over patterns on Ravelry trying to decide which ones I like best, so its already been a time waster for me.

Swann's Way. I know this isn't crafty, but it is something I initially wanted to devote an hour a day to. I haven't picked it up in maybe two weeks, all because my bookmark fell out and I'm not sure where I was. I'm just over 100 pages in, and I really need to get back into reading this at least 3 or 4 times a week.

No comments: