Sunday, January 10, 2010

#50

I am starting to feel like a broken record, but truth be told life is still hectic 'round here and it looks like it may stay that way for a while. Paul-John's dad has been in town since just before Christmas, mainly doing work on his aunt's house. This weekend he helped us do some rewiring at our house. He and Paul-John grounded a bunch of outlets, put a motion detector light outside our mudroom, and some other random stuff to make our wiring safer. Over the summer we hope to have him back so we can completely replace the knob and tube wiring in our basement.

This past week we also were able to go out to dinner with my dad, who was in CT for a week because he just accepted a job offer at the company he used to work for before he moved to Arizona! He is back in AZ right now, but starts his new job in just two weeks. In addition to having my parents back in the state, I am really looking forward to helping out with the house-hunting process because getting to go inside so many houses can be a lot of fun.

And lastly, starting next week, one of our friends will be staying with us for the two weeks while he is between apartments. With all of this going on I really wanted to finish one of the projects I was working on. I finally finished knitting my second first mitten sans thumb and my changes worked great and it fits perfectly (those interested can see the mittens on my flickr page). I cast on for the second mitten, but I must say I'm mittened out right now. I took about a week break between the first two, so I think I will do the same here. Knitting on tiny needles can be tiring. So I finally finished Paul-John's hat! He has one hat I made about four years ago and it is starting to get a little worn. Last year I made two failed attempts at knitting a stranded hat for him, but hat #1 was ugly and hat #2 was too small. This year I decided his hat would have ribbing all the way up so it had to fit and would be made in chunky yarn so it wouldn't take me all winter like last year. It turned out great - its thick, warm and soft and the colors are perfectly Paul-John.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Paul John look so good because he is wearing that hat, or does the hat look so good because it is on Paul John?

Anonymous said...

The hat looks great! I'm looking forward to have your help with the house hunting too.

Monday Robot said...

that is a super great hat